Hello and welcome!
We are so happy that restrictions have been lifted and all you beautiful brides can have the wedding day you’ve dreamed of.
As you are reading this it’s because you’ve either booked your appointment – YAY – or are considering booking which is fabulous. We would love the chance to help you find your perfect dress and welcome you to our family of brides.
While we’d love to go back to how we used to run our appointments, we’ve had to have a good think of how we go forward, and we hope you understand our decisions.
As a small business we must consider the implications to our brides if we had to close the boutique to self-isolate and whilst we dislike mask-wearing, no hugging, keeping our distance etc, we want to keep you and your families as safe as possible.
Please take a few minutes to read and understand our latest COVID procedures. If you have any questions/concerns or need advice about your appointment, get in touch by either calling 01234 855537 or send us a message
We can’t wait to meet you look forward to welcoming you to the boutique soon
Kate Joseph Bridal team
GOOD TO KNOW
- The boutique operates on an appointment only basis. The door is locked during opening hours, so please ring the bell on arrival
- You will have exclusive use of the boutique and from 19 July we can accommodate the bride and a max THREE guests
- If you’d like to invite others to join you by Facetime or similar, our Wi-Fi is available for you
- Our staff do a lateral flow test each day to ensure they are safe for you to attend your appointment. If we have any symptoms, appointments will be postponed and if necessary rescheduled once we have received a negative PCR result. If you wish to test yourself prior to your appointment lateral flow test kits can be picked up from your local pharmacy
- If anyone has had close contact with someone who has Covid 19 symptoms or has tested positive you should postpone your appointment and follow the Government isolation rules
- Likewise, if you feel unwell, please reschedule your appointment. If you booked online, then just pop back into the booking and pick a new date/time or give us a call on 01234 855537
- However much we love them, we cannot allow small children in the boutique just now. A tiny baby is fine but if you can find childcare, we would appreciate it and you can also enjoy your ‘me time’!
- We are continuing with cleaning/sanitising the boutique between each appointment to ensure your safety so appointment times are still reduced – a bridal consultation will be 90 minutes long and an accessory appointment 45 minutes
- Any dresses or accessories tried on will be sprayed with anti-bacterial spray between each appointment and surfaces/touchpoints such as the card machine will also be sanitised
- Please arrive on time so we don’t leave you waiting outside while we make the boutique safe for you!
- We will continue with checking your temperature on arrival with a no touch thermometer. Should the reading be orange we will ask you to wait, and we will retake it a few minutes later. If it remains orange, we will unfortunately ask you to leave the store and if the bride re book for a later date
- Hand sanitiser will be provided, and you are kindly asked to use it on arrival as well as throughout the appointment as you wish, or hand washing facilities are available
- Staff present at your appointment will wear a visor during any close contact
- While mask wearing is longer mandatory, we would like to ask that while in close contact with your consultant we would appreciate you wearing one, but it can removed while on the podium so you can see yourself and how beautiful you look
- Our dressing area has a door which we ask, if acceptable to you remains open during your appointment to help with air flow. The door can be closed if you wish, and we will aim to keep your time there as short as possible to help limit close contact
- To help with social distancing whilst in store we would prefer your guests to remain seated as much as possible to enable easier movement around the store for the bridal consultant and the bride
As all bridal shops, we have been operating like this since last summer since the first lockdown and thankfully we have not had any cases of Covid from our clients or ourselves.
We hope you’re reassured that we are doing everything possible to prevent us having to close and to keep you all safe and well.
See you soon